TAX CREDIT DETAILS FOR INSULATION
Insulation is only considered an “Eligible Building Envelope Component” if it is specifically and primarily designed to reduce heat loss or gain of a dwelling unit when installed in or on the dwelling unit.
The credit amount established by § 25C of the Internal Revenue Code is:
- 10% of the amount paid or incurred by the taxpayer for qualified energy efficiency improvements installed during the taxable year.
- Up to maximum credit of $500.00 for all taxable years (all improvements combined).
- Allowed only for amounts paid or incurred to purchase the insulation.
- Not allowed for amounts paid for onsite preparation, assembly, original installation labor, siding or sales tax.
- The purchase must be made during the taxable year for which the credit is claimed.
- Retroactive and with time limits, covering product in service after December 31, 2005 and before January 1, 2008.
The Energy Tax Credit information contained on the Alside® site is not complete or comprehensive. For the entire scope of information about the Credit for Non-Business Energy Property § 25C, please visit: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-06-26.pdf
Claiming Your Tax Credit
After establishing your eligibility to claim a Tax Credit for Non-Business Energy Property § 25C, please complete the following to ensure accuracy:
- Request an invoice demonstrating the cost breakout of the insulation material from your contractor. This cost must exclude the cost of onsite preparation, assembly, original installation labor, siding or sales tax.
- Download the applicable official Manufacturer's Certificate PDF following the links below (Adobe Acrobat Reader required).
- Retain the contractor invoice and our official Manufacturer's Certificate for your IRS records. You are not required to provide this documentation to the IRS, but you will be required to present it if audited.
Platinum Series Insulation® *
Click here for your Platinum Series Insulation® and Underlayment* Manufacturer’s Certificate – manufactured by PactivBuilding Products exclusively for Alside.
Click here for further information from Pactiv Building Products and the 2005 Energy Policy Act.
Click here for your Fullback® Thermal Support System* Manufacturer’s Certificate.
*Platinum Series Insulation or Contoured Drop-in Insulation can be installed with any of Alside’s siding products (with the exception of Prodigy®). Please contact your individual contractor for information concerning which insulation material you purchased and for a breakout of the cost of the insulation material.